AnkaraAlumni.net    The Network & Ankara Post Office    APO Ankara Post Office  Hop To Forum Categories  Reunions & Gatherings    DC Reunion - July 13 - 15, 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DC Reunion - July 13 - 15, 2012
 Login/Join 
posted
Dates: July 13-July 15, 2012
Where: Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA
Room Rate: $109/night
Friday Night, July 13 - meet-and-greet $25/person
Saturday Night, July 14- Banquet dinner $75/person

Make sure you indicate you are part of the GCM Reunion. All reservations must be made by JUNE 22, 2012 in order to receive this rate.
Marriott provided the following web site and 800 number for group reservations: https://resweb/passkey.com/go/GCMReunion - 1-800-228-9290; the event is GCM Reunion 2012.

Update from Kathy Barrett Peters:

Hi All,

Jill Park Doyle '71 has resurrected a template of a registration form on Connections that we can use to for the social events. We have added a Friday night social event (aka cocktail hour) in addition to the Saturday night banquet.
Total cost for both nights: $100/person. This is what is included:
Friday night, July 13: cocktail hour with light hors d’oeuvres, and one ticket for a drink of your choice. A cash bar will also be available on site. Time TBD.
Saturday night, July 14: a buffet dinner and one ticket for a drink of your choice at the bar. A cash bar will also be available throughout the evening. Time ~7 PM-11PM.
Program for Saturday evening is being planned, but this is what we have thus far:
A photograph by an artistic alumnus will be raffled off during the evening, and there will be entertainment by some talented alumni. We are working on music. We will have a microphone and sound system available. We welcome all those oldie-but-goodie garage bands to bring their instruments.

We have had a good response of multiple years of alumni. The decade with the most in attendance will be given champagne to toast their numbers. [class of 69 appears to be winning as of today...]

Business:
I [Kathy] have put a deposit down for the banquet on Saturday. Payment for the social events can be paid to me by check or through PayPal. I have set up a PayPal account linked to a checking account solely for the use of this reunion. Checks should be payable to GCM Reunion 2012 and sent to me at:
GCM Reunion 2012
PO Box 101615
Arlington, VA 22210-1615
PayPal: If you use Paypal for payment, if you don’t have an account you must first contact me [Kathy] via email as I will then “request” money from you. If you do have a PayPal account you can make a payment directly into the Reunion’s account. Please note, any payment with a debit card or credit card will be assessed a fee of 3% for the transaction. To avoid a fee, money can be directly transferred from a bank account. If anyone is savvier than I am with PayPal please contact me so that I know I understand this correctly.

Lastly, John Sullivan '74 has graciously volunteered his time to help work with me. We have been brainstorming additional activities to offer over the weekend. One such request is a golf outing. More information will follow once we know interest and numbers. Another suggestion is the Friday evening parade held at the USMC HQ in DC. There is no shortage of places and things to see and do here. Again, once we know numbers we can help facilitate these activities.

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via email: Kbpeters12@gmail.com

susan '72 on behalf of Kathy Peters '74

Posts: 12 | Location: Orlando FL | Registered: October 04, 2004Reply With Quote