Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lake Gobashi 63 or 64
 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone remember the lifeguard season at Lake Gobashi when the lake was closed to swimming but we still pulled life guard duty. I guess they made us sit on the chairs so we could get payed. If I recall correctly some of the other life guards were, Mike Wolfe, Bruce Biaseetti, Greg Hidden, Chuck Cannon, and Bob Bartush. I know their were a least a couple of others. I remember taking the Red Cross Lifeguard class in that polluted lake. A brutally cold mile swim and installing the pontoons. And of course a couple of great parties and long bus rides home

<Marilyn Sarchet '65>
posted
Bob, I don't remember the lifeguard season at Lake Golbasi, but I remember the beauty contest they held there. The girls were a few years older than myself and filled out a bathing suit a "lot" better than I did Big Grin The winner that year was Sue Ellen Sanders, Queen's Court was Tess Tumpane, Judy Burton and Sharon Auld.
Article in Paper

posted Hide Post
Picture

ImageLakegolbashi_001.jpg (105 Kb, 43 downloads)

<Marilyn Sarchet '65>
posted
Bob, ooops, are linking to pictures not allowed?

Ah, I found the answer in the APO Ask the moderator thread. Sorry I didn't see it sooner, so I'll try to remember to be mindful that size does matterSmiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Marilyn Sarchet '65>,

posted Hide Post
I certainly recall a field trip out to the lake one night with the Biology class. We were collecting specimens that would later be dissected in class.

The frogs were dropped into formaldehyde and went peacefully. A turtle, though, kept rapping his head against the top of the canister for about a week's worth of classes. That was a bit grim.

Posts: 33 | Location: Sarasota, FL | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
the image of that poor turtle is going to stay in my memory for awhile now, i'm afraid...no wonder you remember it.

Posts: 29 | Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote