AnkaraAlumni.net    The Network & Ankara Post Office    APO Ankara Post Office  Hop To Forum Categories  The AFEX    GCM students from 67-71; grds 7-10.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GCM students from 67-71; grds 7-10.
 Login/Join 
posted
Sending out a message. Is anyone there? This is Paul Stevens speaking to you from Maryland. I miss GCM and all the people from the past. The 05 Reunion might be fun. With prayers and good wishes to one and all. Paul.

Posts: 7 | Location: Ankara | Registered: October 25, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Now there's a name from the past. Had to look up your name in my 1971 yearbook to be sure. We were friends latter part of Freshman year. Sophmore year our lives took different paths. But, as I recall, you, me and Doug Green were good friends for a time.

Posts: 4 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul Did you have a older sister?

Posts: 15 | Location: Leesburg, VA | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I remember Paul Stevens. Can't remember if I was going to the French school still or had switched to the American school. My sister Suzette and I hung out with you a little bit, Paul.

posted Hide Post
Hey folks! Nice to hear from some early 70s people. Laura, I think I knew your sister Suzette better than I knew you - she was one of the crowd that hung out at Teddy's apartment - don't recall if you did too? In 1970 at least, I think you guys were still going to the French school - I remember one of the things I liked about Suzette was that I could speak French with her. Hope to see all of you in Dallas!!

Posts: 21 | Registered: September 02, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Laura. Yes, I remember both you and your sister Suzette. I hope that you are both well and enjoying life. What's the status of the reunion? Where is everyone else from the 67-71 era? Best alway, Paul.

posted Hide Post
Hi,

I wasn't quite of age to hang out at Teddy's apartment and probably avoided a fair amount of trouble as a result. : ) I'm about a year younger than Suzette but we were in the same class. When we first went to Turkey (66) two of our older sibs were with us too; their last name is Kudarauskas. Plus a couple of younger Kauffmans.
There's a scarcity of people from that era around. Not sure what names we're thinking of here. Several have passed away.
Suzette left in '72 and finished school in the States. I stayed in Ankara and graduated in '73.

posted Hide Post
Okay you guys. It looks like we are go for launch in Dallas Texas, 05. Hope to you ya'll there.

posted Hide Post
PS. I would like to start a Tim Wurtz fan club, in honor of a man who has fearlessly battled the economical gorgons of yesteryear. (If they come anywhere within sight Tim, I promise to be your Virgil and shield your eyes.) I for one would like to publicly thank Tim for his great work in helping to organize the GCM Ankara Alumni Association. It means all the world. Best always, Paul.

posted Hide Post
I ran into this site only last week -- am really sorry I missed the reunion. Inshallah, there will be others....

It's been wonderful this past week to be back in touch with friends from long ago. Any and all who stop by here, please feel free to e-mail me: douggreene "at" hotmail.com I was in Izmir 1966-68, then Ankara 1968-71, finishing 10th grade there. Best, Doug

Modified the email address to prevent robot harvesting of email addresses to help prevent spam.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hallmonitor,

Posts: 3 | Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Doug, have you gone back to Turkey at all? I went 2 years ago and I posted pictures in the Photo section.
dmagrath 67

Posts: 19 | Location: Daytona. FL | Registered: September 09, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Doug -- I'll take a look.

I've been back to Turkey many times over the years -- not so difficult since I've been living in the Middle East and Europe for the last 25 years. In addition to visits to Ankara and Izmir, I've had several nice vacations in Bodrum and Marmaris, and a wonderful 1-week cruise along the Aegean coast in a small, converted fishing boat. It will always be a special place for me.

Off to take a look at your pics! Regards,Doug.

Posts: 3 | Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone. It has been kind quiet on this billboard for a while. When is the next reunion. I am looking forward to it. I don't see anything posted on the general page. Perhaps its time to start sending questions. I miss the days of running out of the HS building at lunch to call first game on the pool tables at the AYA, play non-stop til about 3 minutes before class, and then rush back. I remember lunch usually consisted of twinkies (cold) and a coke. The only alternative was the lunch my older brother Bob would pack for us (two slices of white bread with the grape jelly showing through, smooshed under an apple). Well, take good care one and all, write when possible, Paul