AnkaraAlumni.net    The Network & Ankara Post Office    APO Ankara Post Office  Hop To Forum Categories  The AFEX    Updating AnkaraAlumni.net
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Updating AnkaraAlumni.net
 Login/Join 
posted
We're in the process of updating www.AnkaraAlumni.net. The In Memoriam, Missing Graduates & List of Contributors pages are all updated. The Once Found, Lost Again list has been added. Both the year-end financials and a thank you page, acknowledging all volunteers & participants, have been completed and should be posted soon. We're still reworking the What's New and Links pages - but they'll also be updated. And then, finally, we should be able to get back to concentrating on the alumni class list database.

posted Hide Post
Lyn,

AnkaraAlumni.net looks great! Look forward to seeing the new posting you mentioned. Thanks for all of the hard work which you, Tim and others are doing. Reunion 2005 should be bigger and better than the past ones, if that is possible. Can't believe the success you and others have had in "finding" our "lost" classmates. How about posting a list of our missing classmates who left before graduating???

Happy new year,
Doug

posted Hide Post
There are several names on the class list for '55 which are incorrect. Actually, only EIGHT students graduated in that class, seven girls and one boy! They are Jo Ellen Berry, Sylvia Roof, Sandra Shaver, Liz Marshall, Sandra Engstrom, Nan Polluck, and one I can't remember plus the one any only guy, Mike Lester. All other names are kids that either didn't graduate, went to a private school in Switzerland or somewhere, or are from another class year. I noticed Robert Stermer was on our list and I know he was a sophomore when we were seniors.

<George Summers '57>
posted
Jo -

The '55 annual lists the following as the Senior class of '55. I can remember all of them being there. Some did leave or drop out during the year.

Jo 'Josey' Berry
Charles 'Chuck' Denniston
Sandra 'Sandy' Engstorm (arrived after school started)
Roger Lawson (did leave in midyear for Wash DC)
Michael 'Mike' or 'Wacky' Lester
Mary Elizabeth 'Liz' Marshall
Ronald 'Ron' McConkey (dropped out during the year, but stayed in town and returned the following year)
Nannette 'Nan' Pollock
Sylvia Roof
Sandra 'Sandi' Shaver
Allan Wissinger (left in mid-year)

George

posted Hide Post
Doug-

We're still in the process of updating the list of undergraduate missing and we will be posting it to the Alumni & Faculty section of the AnkaraAlumni website. The list is massive and may have to be posted in sections. Our goal is to have everyone who attended the high school listed -- either as found, missing or deceased. We're concentrating on the '53 - '79 class years and the lists will be as complete as possible. We'll gladly include the 80s and 90s, but we're going to have to have some volunteers for those years step up to the plate. Our secure, searchable database will include the names of everyone, 1953 - 2004, who has been found, their state of residence and their email address, if they've provided one. Mailing addresses and phone numbers will continue to be available only in the printed Ankara Directory.

Thanks for the kudos on the search for the missing - we found 100 in the last two months of 2004.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lyn Viles '66,

posted Hide Post
Jo -

We've never limited listings in the Ankara Directory to only those who graduated. I guess we could make a distinction between graduating seniors and those who departed before graduation -- but it would involve a fair amount of extra work and unless there's a volunteer who wants to take it on, we don't plan to go there.

Thanks for pointing out the error - we've corrected Robert Stermer's listing. Unfortunately, until recently, thanks to the efforts of Janet Day,Liz Marshall and George Summers, we've never had copies of the early yearbooks or class lists. We still need class lists from the '57, '58. '59 & '60 yearbooks. I think we have a source for 61 & '62, but they have yet to be incorporated into the master list of non-graduates.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lyn Viles '66,