Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here we go again!
 Login/Join 
posted
Well, here we go again. Frances looms large and powerful off the east coast of Florida. We haven't picked up from Charley yet, and now we're told that this new storm is 4 times bigger and much slower than Charley. It's expected to make landfall Saturday morning, probably between Melbourne and Ft. Pierce. It looks like it's heading for Orlando, where the winds and rain are supposed to last for 24 hours. Please keep us in your prayers!

Posts: 3 | Location: Alatmonte Springs, FL | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For those of you keeping up with Frances, here's a link to every conceivable tracking map
And here's the Melbourne,FL radar

posted Hide Post
Well, we survived it. And, we kept power (so far). Why do I feel so guilty about that? Probably because almost everyone I know lost power (along with 4 million of their closest friends). Today, we're dealing with tornadoes, spawned by Frances' fury. And, Ivan is breathing down our necks. I propose everyone going outside at a designated time, facing east, and blowing Ivan away. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. I'll be looking forward to others' accounts of survival.

Posts: 3 | Location: Alatmonte Springs, FL | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They seem to be forming up once again, never seems to stop, save, for only short times. Some are lucky others are not. Crazy weather doesn't seem to what to give in. I hope it's over soon.

Posts: 61 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote