The Network & Ankara Post Office
Where is the 70's crowd?

This topic can be found at:
http://ankaraalumni.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4770069652/m/4310021023

March 02, 2005, 04:17 PM
Eda Haynes '74
Where is the 70's crowd?
So what's with the 70's crowd? The 60's and even the 50's are well represented here, but the 70's seem to be a lethargic group! I'd like to hear from the 70's group. What are you doing? Where do you live? Will I be seeing you at the August reunion?

Here's my information: I've returned to college to bring my computer programming skills up to date so that I can find a decent job. My husband passed away last summer and my daughter and I are adjusting to our new life roles. I live in BEAUTIFUL Austin, TX. I am definitely going to the reunion and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in August!
March 10, 2005, 07:15 PM
Kurt Haight '72
All of the older folks are retired and have spare time. The 70's crowd is making a living still, paying college tuition and all that American dream stuff.
March 11, 2005, 06:24 PM
Eda Haynes '74
I know about paying college tuition! My youngest is a year away from starting, and hopefully I'll be done with my brief return to college before she starts.
March 11, 2005, 10:01 PM
Roger Redwanski '68
Hey.. Watch it about the oldsters comments. I'm taking my Geritol and going to take a nap now. Errr. What were we talking about?

Roger Redwanski - Class of "68"
"Never argue with the person packing your parachute"
March 15, 2005, 06:10 PM
Brad Buchner '70
I've wondered about the '70s bunch as well - especially 1970 - my group. There are only 2-3 from that year that post here occasionally - yet there are email and snail-mail addresses for quite a few. Maybe it's what Kurt says - chasing the American dream!! But probably not.
August 28, 2006, 09:46 AM
Susan Furrer '74
I'm part of the 70's crowd.We moved to Pa. from Turkey in Jan of 1972 in the middle of my sophmore year.
This site certainly has brought back fond memories.
From riding the dolmus to drinking the tea, shopping in Tunali Hilme and Kisali ?sp.
I will never forget my 2 years in Turkey, hope to go back for a visit.
September 06, 2006, 08:38 AM
Barbara Statler '69
Hey, does anyone remember a kid named Mike? his father was the hospital comander around 1971/1972. i met and married my first husband Captain Le Weber in 1971 and we stayed in Turkey for one year until he was discharged there. we bought a car and traveled through europe for a year. we took Mike with us as far as Germany. he had really long hair and was really into smoking. can't remember how old he was. maybe 16 or 17. would love to find him.
September 08, 2006, 04:25 PM
Susan Curran '72
I think you may be talking about Mike Smith (not the one whose brother is Gary). His dad was the hospital commander, and he had long hair, and I think he smoked. He was class of 73 and was in Ankara around 70 to 72. I think he's currently in the Boston area.
You could check out the 72 yearbook on e-citadel.com to see if it's the face you remember.
September 09, 2006, 06:49 PM
Barbara Statler '69
Susan,
Thank you. i looked in the 72 yearbook and sure enough! it is definely Mike. i just received a list of all alumi from the Network and found a mike smith in there who is currently living in New Orleans. i wonder if it is the right mike? What makes you think he is in the Boston area?