Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

APO - The Numbers
 Login/Join 
posted
A couple of weeks ago, this message board topped 30,000 total "hits" or visits. Thought some of you might be interested in knowing the level of daily APO activity.

The Internet savvy folks who helped us set up the APO, advised us not to use a publicly viewable "Hit Counter." Counters are too easily manipulated to provide exaggerated statistics. Many allow you to add numbers to beef-up totals. Most professional and reputable websites do not use publicly accessible counters. (Interesting way to tell if a website has a counter that's easy to manipulate - visit a web page with a viewable Hit Counter - note the number and hit "refresh" or reload the page. Do it ten times.... watch the counter register a separate "hit" for each time you refresh or reload.)

In all fairness - not all visits to this message board are from alumni. Like most effective websites, the contents of the APO are searchable on Google, Yahoo, etc., so we do experience hits from curious folks worldwide, just cruising the Internet.

The following numbers are from an internal tracking system, built into the APO software, that can't be manipulated or fudged.

Wed 03/08/2006
132 - Visits
572 - Page Views

Tue 03/07/2006
105 - Visits
396 - Page Views

Mon 03/06/2006
107 - Visits
534- Page Views

Sun 03/05/2006
109 - Visits
480- Page Views

Sat 03/04/2006
94 - Visits
396 - Page Views

Fri 03/03/2006
132 - Visits
730- Page Views

Thu 03/02/2006
117 - Visits
535 - Page Views

Wed 03/01/2006
134 - Visits
694 - Page Views

Last Year
16,832 - Visits
132,832 - Page Views

Previous Year
9,398 - Visits
88,352 - Page Views

posted Hide Post
Lynn:
I wonder why no one is posting any more?
Thanks,
Patrick

Posts: 49 | Location: Prestonsburg, KY | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Patrick -
Weird, huh? Part of the reason I posted the "traffic report" above. Plus, the internal tracking system keeps a record of who logs on and /or visits. It amazes me how many alumni visit this board every day, but have never left a post. And the traffic volume has more than doubled in the past three/four months.

I know a previous attempt to create a message board in the 90s failed to generate any interest - and another board is dying a slow death - no traffic and 4 months without a single post. The APO is included in AnkaraAlumni.net's web hosting package - so we're not likely to take it down. The APO remains an easy way to post info, whether or not any choose to interact - we know the info is being read. Plus, it allows alumni to obtain updates/info when and if they choose to do so - instead of mass emailings that may interest only a limited faction.

Maybe we should add a "roll call" forum and just ask everyone who visits to post the word "Here." Nah.

posted Hide Post
Here

Posts: 28 | Location: Federal Way, WA | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here

Posts: 1 | Location: 869 Waterton Ave, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am "here" too

posted Hide Post
Hi, its Kris Schlech and I'm "here"-I'm one of those people who frequently check this site to see what's going on, even tho' I rarely have anything to add that would be of interest to anyone! My emails from the various lists get overwhelming if I dont keep up with reading and deleting them, so I dont usually respond to those, either! Just a silent participant in these things, but I do love to read and keep abreast this way so I hope you won't downscale the APO! So greetings to all, continual thanks to Lynn, and there is life out here :-)!

posted Hide Post
Here

posted Hide Post
Here

Posts: 20 | Location: Melbourne Beach, FL | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Allen '65:
Here

Posts: 8 | Location: King George, VA | Registered: September 03, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gail Bailey'65:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Allen '65:
Here

oops!
Here too.

Posts: 8 | Location: King George, VA | Registered: September 03, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here

Posts: 9 | Location: Biloxi,Ms | Registered: September 03, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Also here. Enjoying retirement and love seeing people on this system saying ANYTHING. Hi to all.

Roger Redwanski - Class of "68"
"Never argue with the person packing your parachute"

Posts: 54 | Location: Fieldsboro, NJ | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kris Schlech '69:
Just a silent participant in these things, /QUOTE]

Hi Kris,
Great seeing such a familiar name here. At least to me. You may not think you have anything interesting to add but you are wrong. Anything added here is read with anticipacion and pleasure so comment about anything and we all would enjoy the the chance to hear it. I'm in New Jersey. Where are you?

Roger Redwanski - Class of "68"
"Never argue with the person packing your parachute"

Posts: 54 | Location: Fieldsboro, NJ | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote