Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks to Tim Wurtz
 Login/Join 
posted
Thanks for your response to my post. I hope that the disclosures you have made will lead to more harmony and put some of the questions to rest.
Thanks for your efforts over the years.
Have a good time in Dallas this summer.
Tim Conner, '66

Posts: 27 | Registered: September 07, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I appreciate all that Tim Wurtz and others have accomplished in gathering and disseminating the information on Ankara alumni that has enabled us to reconnect with friends from the past. Like many others, I had thought I would never see many of these people again. I’m sure it was a monumental task, especially since it began in the days before the internet was as widely used as it is today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: APO Admin,

<Brad McMillan '64>
posted
It would be nice if we could put all of the recent rancor behind us. Tim, thanks for calling me that day in 1999, but what's all this I keep hearing about missing donations? Life is short. Let's patch this up.

posted Hide Post
The stuff about missing donations is a VERY small group trying to make a mountain out of a hole in the ground. I'm pretty sure that most of the people who have actually made donations are confident that the money was well spent.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
And as far as the rancor is concerned, it's neither recent nor instigated on this site. You're preaching to the choir here, Brad.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Posted at the request of Tim Wurtz -

Brad -

My computer is so old I can't get to the APO. I have asked that this reply to your thoughts be posted on my behalf.

With regard to your concerns: first, I'd like to direct your attention to a rather lengthy post I wrote answering questions asked by Tim Conner. That post is in this forum on the APO and will answer all of yours or anyone's money questions.

Second, there are a few things that I'd like to share with you.

You're reacting to an unfortunate rumor campaign started by a disgruntled alum. He attacks Ankara alumni volunteers personally -- their professions and personal lives. Then, he attacks everything we do and have done for many years -- searching for the missing, mailings, the Ankara Directory, reunions, donations, financial statements, the website, the APO. Most recently, he's endorsed an accusation that I pad the Ankara Directory by making up fictitious names and addresses. I could continue with many more examples, but I'll save those for another time. So, after 9 years of his unrelenting rumor-mongering and attacks, I don't directly answer his charges and accusations.
I ignore him.

All the best,
Timothy Wurtz
Ankara, class of 1969

posted Hide Post
Thanks for your many years of hard work and dedication to a sometimes thankless job, Tim! I sincerely appreciate your efforts!

Curt Robinson '70

Posts: 4 | Location: Davis, California | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tim Wurtz- Thanks for your tireless efforts to keep us all together. I remember the days of talking on the phone with Tim about new people found. I was fortunate enough to have the joy of calling many of you for the first time. Tim could have made those calls, but he knew how important it was to me to have first contact. Thank you Tim. Family and work commitments have prevented me from attending the recent lick-n-stick parties, however, I know how much work goes into "getting the mail out". I love all you guys and can't wait to see you in August.

Michael Gifford '74