Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pop-up blockers and APO
 Login/Join 
posted
I use a pop-up blocker that seems not to like several features of the APO BBS system. While "quick reply" works, there's not way to get to the fully-featured version. Similarly, to post this message, I had to turn my blocker off!

I guess we're all still thrashing about trying to find ways to keep the nuisances away, but it gets more expensive--in both time and software costs--to do so!

Posts: 33 | Location: Sarasota, FL | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Depends, Mr. Burgess, what OS are you using and more importantly, what pop-up blocker?

Posts: 61 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I forgot to add....pop-up blockers are usually blocking some sort of java-script advertisment about something you don't want, or could care less about. The problem, as I see it, is this forum is using Java-Script actions to post messages to the BB. That means your pop-up blocker is going to be working overtime to get that stopped, in some cases. Depends on which one you use. Some are really robust and could take out everything that is java-script. If you have "options" or "preferences" on yours. Tweaking that baby may be something you would want to try.

Posts: 61 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
APO Technician
posted Hide Post
Popup blockers should not block requested popups (popups that come from links you click), but rather only unrequested ones (the ones that popup automatically when a page loads/unloads, etc).

Your software should allow you to configure that. I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser and it has built-in popup blocking and I can post fine.

posted Hide Post
Steve,

You use the best browser, as I do, I don't have any problems with Firefox either. Good one.