AnkaraAlumni.net    The Network & Ankara Post Office    APO Ankara Post Office  Hop To Forum Categories  The Snack Bar    Sixties yearbooks online one day?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sixties yearbooks online one day?
 Login/Join 
posted
Hello Ankara folks. I don't know if anyone else is like me, but I'm getting to the point that I can remember many of those long lost names but I'll be darned if I can see the face, so to speak, that goes with it anymore. I keep thinking how great it would be if I had a yearbook, but mine have long since disappeared.

Anyhow, I was thinking that in this modern computer age it would be çok uzel if we could get the site to put the yearbooks online. Otherwise, as perhaps a way to raise funds for the Ankara reunion organization, they could put yearbooks on cd disks and sell them to the alumni over the web...I know three cd yearbooks I'd buy tomorrow if they were available.

While I'm here I'd like to say hello to Nancy Gilbert ('71) and Maria Hace (Haskell '71). If your're out there...hello girls, hope your're well.

Does anyone know whatever happened to Debbie Woods? I saw her once, thirty years ago, in California.

Take care all,

Eric Mowrey '71
Büyuk Ankara Oteli

Posts: 6 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: October 03, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The yearbooks on CD is a great idea. I might have to hook up my flatbed scanner again. I have 66, 67 and 68.

Roger Redwanski - Class of "68"
"Never argue with the person packing your parachute"

Posts: 54 | Location: Fieldsboro, NJ | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With Quote
<Marilyn Sarchet '65>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Redwanski '68:
The yearbooks on CD is a great idea. I might have to hook up my flatbed scanner again. I have 66, 67 and 68.

(Picture intense pages)
And I have the 1961 Vapor Trails
1961 Vapor Trails
inside cover
Vapor Trails part 2

posted Hide Post
Marilyn, thanks for the posting. I recognize a few of the names - probably big brothers and sisters of my class of '65 classmates. I don't know what it would take to put yearbooks on line but it's a great idea. Mine have also disappeared during the moves over the last 4 (!!) decades or so.

Posts: 2 | Location: La Habra, California | Registered: August 31, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
We do plan to scan the yearbooks and make them available on the AnkaraAlumni.net website. We've been working on locating the missing and updating the Ankara Alumni Directory -- prepping it for a mailing on December 11th......then we can start on the yearbooks. We have most of the 60s readily available - but we may need help with copies of the 50s and 70s. Anyone with a yearbook, scanner and time is free to volunteer to help! Mike Morrison '64 has already been volunteered for the early 60s - but all other class years are open!

posted Hide Post
Lyn

You should check with our alma mater. I think that they have copies of all of the yearbooks in the library.

Doug

<George Summers '57>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Lyn Viles '66:
We do plan to scan the yearbooks and make them available on the AnkaraAlumni.net website. We've been working on locating the missing and updating the Ankara Alumni Directory -- prepping it for a mailing on December 11th......then we can start on the yearbooks. We have most of the 60s readily available - but we may need help with copies of the 50s and 70s. Anyone with a yearbook, scanner and time is free to volunteer to help! Mike Morrison '64 has already been volunteered for the early 60s - but all other class years are open!

Other than surfing, I am basically a computer illiterate. I do have the '54-'55 and the '55-'56 yearbooks (called The Turkish Towel back then) that I could send to someone to scan or have someone lead me step by step through scanning and sending to somewhere.

George

posted Hide Post
George:
Lets talk about your yearbooks. Between you and I and maybe somehelp from someone, we ought to be able to do something.
Patrick

Posts: 49 | Location: Prestonsburg, KY | Registered: September 14, 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
As I was buying a yearbook each year, I don't think I ever realized how important they would be later. They've served to keep a lot of memories alive over the years.

Posts: 33 | Registered: September 13, 2004Reply With Quote